Premature ejaculation occurs when a man reaches orgasm too quickly and without control. In other words, ejaculation occurs before a man wants it to happen. This can occur before or after the beginning of foreplay and intercourse. For some men, it has a great psychological pressure.
At some point in their lives, one in five men experiences the difficulty with uncontrolled or early ejaculation. If premature ejaculation occurs often then it affects the sexual pleasure of a man or his partner, it becomes a medical problem.
Premature Ejaculation and Adjoining Disorders in Men
Early ejaculation is not the only kind of abnormal ejaculation. There are other adjoining problems that can happen along with premature ejaculation:
- Delayed ejaculation – it’s just the opposite disorder in which ejaculation occurs after a too long period of time from the start of the sexual intercourse;
- Retrograded ejaculation – a phenomenon when during an orgasm sperm does not flow out of the urethra and comes in the opposite direction, right in the prostate gland;
- Depressed male orgasm. Once it was known as orgasmic dysfunction when there is pain instead of pleasure during climax.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
The difficulty lies in the fact that the causes of premature ejaculation are quite obscure to see at once. It is known that early ejaculation often occurs in adolescents. Sometimes such ejaculation can occur even without sexual intercourse. While growing up a man learns to control their physiological processes during a sexual intercourse.
When examining and questioning a patient, a doctor can identify the following causes of premature ejaculation:
- Early ejaculation in men can occur whenever it comes into sexual intercourse with a new partner because of fear;
- Often premature ejaculation occurs after a long period of abstinence;
- The role of psychological factors in the development of early ejaculation is also quite high. By the variety of sexual dysfunction in men can result in conditions such as depression, anxiety, restlessness, frequent stress, guilt;
- Hormonal disorders. First of all premature ejaculation can be triggered by the decreased production of hormones involving sexual function
- Some types of physical injuries;
- Proven and genetic causes of premature ejaculation. It is known that 91% of men with this disorder have relatives who also suffer from early ejaculation;
- Another factor that may lead to the development of disease is malnutrition. The disorder more often occurs in men who eat the insufficient amount of magnesium. This problem is especially common in large US cities.
It is interesting to consider the causes of premature ejaculation from the perspective of interpersonal relations. So, after the series of studies conducted in the USA, it was found that many men during ejaculation depend on the phase of the menstrual cycle of a partner. Another interesting observation: men who live with older partners, experience ejaculation during intercourse sooner than those who live with partners of their age or younger.
Organic (physical) diseases that can cause premature ejaculation:
- shortening of the frenulum of the penis: a thin skin folds, which extends along the bottom surface of a penis connecting the head to the base;
- phimosis – narrowing of the penis foreskin, when the head is exposed with great difficulty or not exposed at all;
- penile anatomical defects (such as its curve);
- infectious and inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system in men, especially prostatitis, urethritis (inflammation of the prostate and urethra);
- benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) of a prostate;
- alcohol abuse and alcoholism, smoking, drug abuse.
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
The main problem for andrologists is to determine the symptoms of premature ejaculation, when it ends and begins the violation that has to be treated.
Different researchers have different criteria for premature ejaculation definition:
- Symptomatic early ejaculation is considered to be a state when ejaculation in men in 50% of cases occurs earlier then his partner gets an orgasm (Masters, Johnson).
- Earlier in 1980s many sexologists believed that the reliable symptom of premature ejaculation is when an orgasm comes two minutes after inserting a penis into a vagina. But this view was refuted after some later studies.
- Many experts from the United States and Australia in the 1990s ranked a premature sexual act as: 1-2 minutes is too short; 3-7 minutes is normal; 7-13 minutes is desirable for many couples; 10-30 minutes is too long;
It was also stated that in 75% of American males a normal ejaculation occurs within 10 minutes after inserting a penis into a vagina.
As you can see, the time criterion is too fragile. Ejaculation in men can occur in a very short time and at the same time, both partners feel complete with sexual satisfaction.
- Modern doctors are guided in determining the symptoms of premature ejaculation on the overall well-being of men and couples in general. If both partners are experiencing after an intercourse the satisfying satisfaction, do not suffer from any psychological complexes and characterize their intimate life together as a happy one, even if ejaculation happens within 1.5 minutes then it can’t be considered as premature one.
- If ejaculation occurs in men before inserting a penis into a vagina, it is necessary to recognize early premature that must be treated in any case.
When to Call a Doctor if You Have Suspicions about Premature Ejaculation?
If necessary, a man with symptoms of premature ejaculation can be assigned to such medical experts:
- An endocrinologist – a specialist in charge of the treatment of pathologies of endocrine glands;
- a neurologist – a doctor who can treat any diseases of nervous system;
- a psychologist or a therapist – can help when premature ejaculation is caused purely by stress, fear or other psychological reasons;
- an urologist – to detect certain diseases of genitourinary system, capable of increasing the sensitivity of nerve receptors of a penis.
Many men believe that they should be sure to bring a woman an orgasm during sexual intercourse only with a penis. In this case, premature ejaculation is seen as a big obstacle. In fact, there are many other ways to deliver a completely normal sexual pleasure during an intercourse and it should be noted, they are used by many married couples around the world. While you treat premature ejaculation you can choose other ways of delivering sexual pleasure to you and your partner. Speaking about treatment, My Canadian Pharmacy experts offer to use multiple oral medications for improving the longevity of erections.
Concluding the review of the symptoms of premature ejaculation in men, it is possible to give the most important piece of advice: do not rush to conclusions. Premature or early ejaculation is a common disorder, but it is not as common as psychological fear in front of sexual performance of young and even elderly men. If you have problems, it is better to visit a doctor first before making any assumptions.